Ortega Green Chile Quesadillas
Green chiles, corn and shredded cheese make tasty quesadillas when time is short and one needs a healthy and delicious dish. Serve with green salad, steamy rice and pudding for dessert.
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 (4-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1/4 cup chopped green onions
6 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas
ORTEGA Thick & Chunky Salsa
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine cheese, chiles, corn and green onions in medium bowl.
- Spread 3/4 cup cheese mixture on one tortilla; place second tortilla evenly over mixture.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place quesadilla in skillet. Cook each side over medium-high heat until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with salsa and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ortega and B&G Foods, Inc.