These crispy mini party tarts are filled with the good stuff — the stuff that's good for you and tastes good, too — like pistachios, the little green love nut, and salmon which is rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 cup shredded Jarlsberg cheese
1 (7.5-ounce) can Alaska salmon, drained and flaked
3/4 cup coarsely chopped, natural American pistachios
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut puff pastry into 2-inch rounds and press into mini-muffin or tart pans.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls into pastry-lined pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 48 mini tarts.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Pistachio Growers.