Pepper Jack Shrimp Cocktails
A festive appetizer platter of skewered shrimp and Jack cheese cubes served with a dipping cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
1 pound (26 to 30 count) frozen shrimp, cooked and deveined
1/2 pound pepper Jack cheese
1 bunch kale, rinsed
1/2 cup prepared cocktail sauce
toothpicks, frilled or fancy
1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Thaw the shrimp under cold running water.
- Cut the cheese into 1/2-inch square cubes.
- Line a serving platter with kale.
- Pour cocktail sauce in a serving dish and place it in the center of the kale-lined platter.
- Place a cube of cheese in the center of each shrimp where the natural curve occurs. With a toothpick, skewer the shrimp, first through the tail, then through the cheese cube, then into the shrimp again. Place the skewered shrimp on the platter. Continue until all of the shrimp are skewered.
- Arrange the lemon wedges on the platter to garnish.
- Chill the shrimp platter about 1/2 hour before serving.
Makes 26 to 30 appetizers.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.