Pumpernickel Cheese Bowl
Serve this tasty cheddar and cream cheese spread with toasted pumpernickel bread cubes, crackers and fresh vegetables.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons minced onion
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 loaf (14 inches) or 3 loaves (4 inches round each) pumpernickel
- Combine cheeses, butter, onion and mustard until well-blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut a slice from the top of loaf; hollow out center, forming a bowl.
- Cut the center pieces into cubes; toast at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes.
- Fill the pumpernickel bowl(s) with the cheese dip mixture.
- Serve with pumpernickel bread cubes, crackers and fresh vegetables.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.