Salmon and Dill Brie Torte
This brie appetizer torte can be made from a 1 kilogram wheel and served by the slice. An 8 ounce or 14 ounce Brie can be used for individual tortes. Plain or herb Brie work equally well.
1 wheel Wisconsin Brie
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Carefully cut the Brie into halves horizontally (a fish line cutter works best for this).
- Spread softened cream cheese on the cut surfaces of each side.
- Place smoked salmon and dill on the bottom half neatly and replace the top carefully.
- Garnish with fresh dill and red bell pepper strips. If using a 1 kilogram Brie, chill well.
- After chilling, cut Brie into pie shaped wedges.
Makes ? servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.