Smoked Salmon Pâté
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
9 ounces smoked Tartan Quality Mark salmon slices
12 tablespoons salted butter
Lemon juice, to taste
1 tablespoon cognac or dry white vermouth
Ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped lightly
- Cut the salmon into small pieces.
- Heat the butter gently and remove immediately from the heat once it has melted.
- Pour melted butter into a food processor, add the salmon and process until the mixture is very smooth. Add a little lemon juice, the cognac or dry white vermouth and mix throughly, seasoning with a little black pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature without beginning to set.
- Fold in the cream evenly and lightly.
- Scoop the pâté either into individual ramekins or one larger bowl.
- Serve with Melba toast and a wedge of lemon.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph kindly provided by Scottish Quality Salmon.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.