Spiced Sausage Slider
Combine roasted sausage, Jarlsberg cheese and relish, with crunchy thin-sliced apple and you have a delicious slider.
1 (12-inch) skinny baguette or 6 slider rolls
Relish (Sweet India or Dill Pickle style) or sliced bread and butter pickles or cornichons
1/2 pound thin sliced, roasted spicy sausage: Chorizo, Italian or Kielbasa
1 large Fuji or Gala apple, cored and sliced thin
6 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- Slice bread or rolls horizontally to open. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and toast.
- Spread layer of mustard and relish on top and bottom halves.
- Arrange sausage, apple and Jarlsberg on bottom half.
- With roll (or baguette) tops to the side, broil 3 to 5 minutes until cheese begins to melt.
- Cover with tops (slice into 2-inch sliders if using baguette) and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: To roast sausage, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray a roasting pan with olive oil, and cook sausage until well browned, about 25 minutes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Jarlsberg, Woolwich Dairy, García Baquero, and Old Amsterdam cheeses, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.