Spicy Black Bean Dip
A delicious, spicy black bean dip made with chipotle chiles and bacon. Serve with tortilla chips.
4 slices bacon
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, well-drained and rinsed
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded
2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Chopped green onions
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from heat; chop and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Cook onion in same skillet over medium heat until tender. Set aside.
- Place black beans, chiles, seasoning sauce, cumin and oregano in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth (if necessary, add a few tablespoons water to help blades move).
- Place in medium bowl; stir in bacon and cooked onion.
- Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 3 cups.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.