Sweet and Smoky Almond Popcorn
A sugar-glazed popcorn snack mix with crunchy hickory smoke flavored almonds.
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup hickory smoke flavor almonds
5 cups popped popcorn
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat sugar and water over medium heat.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and mixture is bubbling, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in butter until melted and well blended.
- Stir in popcorn and almonds until well coated.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Makes 5 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.