Quesadillas with a tropical twist.
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup chopped red pepper
2 1/2 cups (10-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 large mango, peeled, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté onion and red pepper until almost softened, 2 minutes.
- Lay out 3 tortillas. Sprinkle tortillas with onion and pepper, half the cheese and arrange sliced mango on top. Cover with remaining cheese and top with remaining tortillas.
- Cook tortillas over medium heat, one at a time, turning carefully, browning both sides until cheese is melted. Keep quesadillas in warm oven on a foil-lined baking sheet until ready to serve.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Makes 24 appetizers.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.