Truffle oil adds a gourmet touch to this popcorn snack with Parmesan cheese, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons white truffle oil, divided (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot (with a lid), place olive oil and 1 tablespoon truffle oil. Add about 3 popcorn kernels.
- Heat over medium-high heat until a kernel pops. Add remaining popcorn; cover.
- Once corn begins to pop, shake pot constantly over heat.
- When popping slows, remove pot from heat and transfer popcorn to a large serving bowl.
- Melt butter and mix in the 2 teaspoons truffle oil. Pour mixture over popcorn, and toss.
- Sprinkle cheese, salt and pepper over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Makes 10 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.