Ultimate Bacon-Wrapped Cocktail Weiners
Your guests will love these bacon-wrapped cocktail weiners, especially when served with warm cranberry sauce for dipping!
1 (12-ounce) bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
1 (14-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1 cup Maple syrup - divided use
2 (12 to 14-ounce) packages cocktail wieners or smoked cocktail wieners
1 (1-pound) package bacon, cut into thirds and large pieces cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together chili sauce, cranberry sauce and 1/2 cup of syrup until smooth. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wrap each wiener with a piece of bacon and place seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wieners. Drizzle wieners with remaining 1/2 cup of syrup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve with warm cranberry sauce mixture for dipping sauce.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.
Tip: If desired, secure bacon with toothpicks before baking.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of ©H.J. Heinz Company, L.P. 2008. All rights reserved; ©2008 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All rights Reserved, through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.