Western Tofu Black Bean Cheese Dip
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.
8 ounces soy cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup firm silken tofu
1/2 cup soymilk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded, cheddar flavored soy cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup black soybeans (canned), mashed
Soy sour cream
Soy crisps and /or blue soy chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine soy cream cheese, tofu, soymilk, large egg, and seasoning mix until well blended. Stir in shredded soy cheese, salsa and mashed black soybeans.
- Pour into a 6-inch spring form pan or 1-quart casserole.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until browned around the edges and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool. Refrigerate. Garnish as desired with soy sour cream, salsa, and black beans and serve with soy crisps and blue soy chips.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.