Everyone's campfire favorite, these chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker bars are great for teen parties and casual gatherings.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups crushed graham crackers
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 miniature milk chocolate candy bars
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil; butter foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is bubbly. Stir in crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and vanilla. Reduce heat to low and cook until marshmallows just begin to melt; remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan. With back of large spoon, press mixture to make even layer.
- Set candy bars, side by side, in single layer to cover top.
- Place in oven 5 minutes or until chocolate is shiny all over. With spatula, spread chocolate to evenly cover top. Cool slightly, then chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from pan, take off foil and cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.