These easy-to-make butter-based, brown sugar bars can be made with or without the addition of chocolate chips.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan**; set aside.
- Place the melted butter in a mixing bowl; add the brown sugar whisking to combine well; add the eggs and vanilla and continue whisking to mix well, the mixture will be lighter in color.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- If using, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Makes 16 blondies.
*You can use any flavored chips, be creative and use a combination of flavors using milk chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch and/or peanut butter chips chips.
**If using a dark baking pan or glass baking dish, reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Nutrition (per serving): 193.6 calories; 44% calories from fat; 9.9g total fat; 26.4mg cholesterol; 104.2mg sodium; 75.6mg potassium; 25.1g carbohydrates; 0.7g fiber; 13.4g sugar; 24.4g net carbs; 2.4g protein.