Blueberry-Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Crumb-topped lemon-infused cheesecake bars with a blueberry filling.
1 cup blueberries, chopped
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup butter
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine blueberry filling ingredients; stir until corn starch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine all crumb mixture ingredients except butter; mix well. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly in bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; pour into baked crust.
- Spoon blueberry filling over cream cheese filling, swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over filling.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.