Butterscotch Brownie Mix in a Jar
This recipe for Butterscotch Brownie Mix in a Jar was submitted by Julee.
1/2 cup firmly packed flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt
1-quart wide-mouth canning jar
- Layer ingredients in order given in the 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
Attach the following instructions to the jar:
- Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine, 2 large eggs, slightly beaten, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in baking pan. Cut brownies into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Makes 2 dozen brownies.