These sophisticated coffee-flavored brownies, with a layer of cream cheese and a chocolate ganache topping, are the perfect addition to any dessert tray. Recipe is from the kitchen of Dena Rae Gerardi of Helendale, California.
1 (1 pound 3.8-ounce to 1 pound 7-ounce) package brownie mix for 13x9x2-inch pan
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
Cream Cheese Layer:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules - divided use
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract - divided use
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- For Brownie Layer: Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for fudgy brownies. Stir in mini morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
- For Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons of Taster’s Choice in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Using a teaspoon, dollop cream cheese mixture on top of brownie layer.
- Bakefor 30 to 35 minutes or until cream cheese mixture appears set and brownie portion is shiny. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For Topping: Beat whipping cream in small saucepan just to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in remaining Taster’s Choice until dissolved. Add in semi-sweet morsels and remaining vanilla extract until melted. Transfer whipping cream mixture to medium bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes or until thickened. Spread over top of brownies; refrigerate until serving time.
- To Serve: Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting. Cut into bars with wet knife. Cover; refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes 40 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/40 of recipe): Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 95 mg Carbohydrates: 27 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 17 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.