Caramel 'N Chocolate Pecan Bars
These irresistible cookie bars consist of a buttery crust, a layer of candied pecans and a milk chocolate finish. You won't be able to get enough of them.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Combine all crust ingredients except pecans in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed and particles are fine (2 to 3 minutes).
- Press on bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place pecans evenly over unbaked crust.
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until entire surface of mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour evenly over pecans and crust.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chips; allow to melt slightly (2 to 3 minutes). Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marbled effect.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 160; Fat: 10 g; Cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 70 mg; Carbohydrates: 18 g; Dietary Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.