Caramel Apple Bars
A quick and easy recipe thanks to the convenience of purchased cookie dough and frozen escalloped apples which make these bars are a snap to prepare.
2 (18-ounce each) packages NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, softened
3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (12-ounce) package Classic Dishes Harvest Apples, defrosted according to package directions
2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar, sifted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine cookie dough, oats and nuts in large bowl; mix well. Press half of dough mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine apples, caramel topping and flour in medium bowl; pour over crust. Flatten remaining dough mixture, about 1/3 cup at a time, and lay over apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Makes 32 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.