Cheesecake Squares with White Chocolate
Take these bars to a potluck, and you can expect to bring home an empty dessert platter.
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts - divided use
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add flour and 1/2 the walnuts, mixing well. Mixture should resemble coarse crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, beating at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add egg, mixing well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup white chocolate chips over crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining chips and walnuts with the reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 16 squares.