Chocolate-Coconut Mounds Bars
If you love the taste of chocolate and coconut together, then these bars are just the ticket to satisfy a craving for both.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole graham crackers)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup melted butter
2 2/3 cups flaked coconut
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- For First Layer: Mix graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar together in a medium mixing bowl; add melted butter and mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Place crumb mixture in a greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan and press firmly to form crust (placing a sheet of waxed paper or plastic wrap on top will help to press evenly and "cleanly"). Bake for 15 minutes.
- For Second Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut and milk. Carefully spread over the baked crust and return to oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- For Third Layer: Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips. Place pan back in the oven for 1 minute to help soften the chips and then carefully spread the chocolate evenly over all.
- Allow to cool at room temperature. Once the chocolate is set, cut into bars.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): 208.5 calories; 45% calories from fat; 11.1g total fat; 11.1mg cholesterol; 71.2mg sodium; 150.5mg potassium; 27.9g carbohydrates; 1.4g fiber; 13.0g sugar; 26.5g net carbs; 2.3g protein.