Chocolate Cream Bars
A triple treat of chocolate chip cookies topped with melted chocolate and a delicious cream cheese filling.
A finalist of the 2002/2003 Better Homes and Garden’s & Nestlé Toll House “Share the Very Best Recipe” contest, submitted by Laura Chandlee of Dubuque, IA.
2 (16.5-ounce) packages NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted per package directions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For Cookie Base: Press one package of cookie dough on bottom of prepared baking pan.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl on high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread filling over cookie dough base. Cut second package of cookie dough into 15 equal cookie slices. Place slices on top of filling.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To Serve: Let bars stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Place each serving on a plate. Drizzle each serving with melted morsels.
Makes 15 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/15 of recipe): Calories: 640 Calories from Fat: 330 Total Fat: 37 g Saturated Fat: 19 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 290 mg Carbohydrates: 71 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 26 g Protein: 8 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.