Chocolate Turtle Brownies
Chocolate turtle brownies are the perfect treat when you love chocolate, caramel and nuts.
2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, (12-ounce package) - divided use
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
12 soft caramels
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup morsels and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in eggs. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract; stir well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with remaining morsels and walnuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Microwave caramels and milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 brownies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.