Chocolate Walnut Pie Bars
These decadent bars are hard to resisit with their rich concoction of chocolate and nuts on a shortbread-like base.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat flour, butter and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For Filling: Beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir in morsels and nuts; pour over hot crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Makes 36 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories: 180 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 35 mg Carbohydrates: 22 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 16 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.