Cranberry Cashew Cookie Bars
These colorful and festive layer bars are perfect for the holidays...or anytime of the year!
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 pack of spices from Concord Foods' Sweet Potato Casserole Mix*
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 cup cashews
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberries, coarsely chopped, fresh or frozen
1 pouch of marshmallows from Concord Foods' Sweet Potato Casserole Mix**
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: In mixer bowl combine all crust ingredients. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Crust will be thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- For Filling: Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crust.
- Top with remaining ingredients except marshmallows; press down lightly.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle marshmallows on top of bars.
- Return to oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and edges of bars are golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
*If unavailable in your area, substitute with 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or ground cinnamon.
**If unavailable in your area, substitute with 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.