Cranberry Granola Nut Bars
These colorful, sweet treats are especially nice for the holidays, but don't let that stop you from serving them year-round.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pack of spices from Concord Foods' Sweet Potato Casserole Mix*
1/4 cup water
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon water
1 cup Ocean Spray® Cranberries, coarsely chopped, fresh or frozen
1 cup granola flake cereal, with raisins, almonds, and dates
1 cup mixed nuts
1 pouch of marshmallows from Concord Foods' Sweet Potato Casserole Mix**
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Crust: In medium mixer bowl combine all crust ingredients. Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Pat mixture onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is light brown. Remove from oven; set aside.
- For Topping: Meanwhile, in 1 quart saucepan combine all topping ingredients. Cook over medium heat until butterscotch chips melt and mixture has come to a boil (5 to 7 minutes).
- For Filling: Sprinkle cranberries, granola cereal, and mixed nuts on top of crust.
- Pour butterscotch topping evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Continue baking for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle top of bars with package of marshmallows.
- Return to oven. Continue baking for 3 to 4 minutes or until marshmallows are softened and puffy. Remove from oven.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
*If unavailable in your area, substitute with 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or ground cinnamon.
**If unavailable in your area, substitute with 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.