Cream Cheese Brownies
Chocolate brownies marbled throughout with contrasting swirls of vanilla cheesecake.
4 ounces sweet baking chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
3 large eggs - divided use
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract - divided use
1 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt together sweet baking chocolate and butter.
- In one mixing bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine with the egg mixture. Pour in melted chocolate and butter. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In separate mixing bowl, Cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in remaining egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of bottom chocolate layer. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Swirl with the tip of knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.
Makes 24 brownies.