Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars
These delectable cookie bars have great visual appeal and are a tasty choice for a special dessert. Easy to make and sure to please your family and friends.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups (10 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Combine 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Warm over low heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
- Stir nuts and remaining 2/3 cup morsels into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 30 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.