Decadent Chocolate Brownies
Decadently rich, moist and delicious chocolate brownies drizzled with white chocolate. For a festive presentation for the holidays and other special occasions, decorate individual brownie squares to look like little gifts.
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
White chocolate for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat; stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add sugar and stir. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9-inch pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes. (Brownies are best if just underbaked).
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate to decorate, if desired.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Makes 18 brownies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.