Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Classic, moist pumpkin bars topped with cream cheese frosting.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 17 x 11 x 1-inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together the oil, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in flour mixture, mixing well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- For Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together. Slowly add the powdered sugar and milk. Add a few drops more milk, if needed for spreading consistency.
Makes 48 bars.