Frosted Toffee Bars
Crispy, chocolate and peanut-covered, toffee-flavored oat bars.
2 cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, combine oats, sugar and butter; mix well. Spread in a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- In small, heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chips. Spread over oat mixture; sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Cut into 2 x 1 1/2-inch bars. Store in tightly covered container in cool place.
Makes 24 bars.