Fudge Caramel Brownies
Incredibly rich, chocolate fudge and caramel brownies. They are sure to become a family favorite snack time treat.
1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups) - divided use
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa and salt. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pecans. Spread evenly in pan.
- Carefully drizzle melted caramel evenly over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the oil over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly. Cool 20 minutes. Refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Makes 24 brownies.