Fudgy Caramel Brownies
A caramel and nut topping make this brownie special.
1 (11.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks - divided use
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts
12 soft caramels, unwrapped
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup chunks and butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in eggs. Add flour, sugar, vanilla extract and baking soda; stir well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with remaining chunks and nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 brownies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 200 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 35 mg Sodium: 60 mg Carbohydrates: 27 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 19 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.