Hello Dolly Bars
Well, hello Dolly! This classic layered cookie bar couldn't be easier or yummier.
1 sleeve graham crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips*
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor or blender to a fine crumb and place in a 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs, stir with a fork until coated nicely then press firmly to form the crust.
- Layer with chocolate chips, then coconut and then the chopped nuts.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 16 bars.
*Or use 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips, which is how the original version of Hello Dolly Bars were made (also called "7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars"). I personally prefer the "all-chocolate" version.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): 387.0 calories; 48% calories from fat; 21.9g total fat; 26.6mg cholesterol; 213.4mg sodium; 213.2mg potassium; 45.8g carbohydrates; 2.3g fiber; 25.0g sugar; 43.6g net carbs; 5.5g protein.