Homemade Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Rich and delicious! Crunchy walnuts really make the difference with this simple homemade chocolate brownie recipe. Recipe by Rebecca Friedman.
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter a 9x9-inch square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little whisk in the eggs and vanilla. (Note: it is very important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture or the eggs will cook.)
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Makes 12 brownies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of California Walnuts.