Honey Choco-Cheese Brownies
These honey-sweetened brownies have a delectable cheesecake mixture swirled throughout.
4 (1-ounce) bars unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Cream Cheese Marble:
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons honey
- For Brownies: Melt chocolate and butter in 2-quart saucepan; set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
- Combine cooled chocolate mixture with the sugar, honey and eggs, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- For Cream Cheese Marble: Combine cream cheese, honey, egg and flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread half of brownie batter in prepared baking pan; pour the Cream Cheese Marble over top. Drop by spoonfuls the remaining chocolate batter and, using a spatula or knife, carefully swirl to create a marbled appearance.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Makes 16 bars.
Recipe and photgraph courtesy of the National Honey Board.