Honey Lemon Bars
Natural, pure golden honey perfectly sweetens the lemon filling that tops a tender shortbread crust for these lemon bars.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven at 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For Crust: In small bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar; mix well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven.
- For Filling: In large bowl, whisk together honey and eggs. Add remaining ingredients; whisk until well blended. Pour over baked crust.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 12 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 198 Calories * 9 g Total Fat * 56 mg Cholesterol * 153 mg Sodium * 29 g Carbohydrates * 0 g Dietary Fiber * 2 g Protein
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.