Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
An oat and pecan shortbread crust is topped with a brown sugar cheesecake filling and covered with a fresh blueberry topping.
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup blueberry syrup*
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For crust, combine oats, flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, pecans and baking soda in medium bowl; mix well. Add margarine; mix until crumbly.
- Press into a firm, even layer onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- For filling, beat together cream cheese, 3/4 cup brown sugar and flour with electric mixer in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon peel; beat well.
- Pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill.
- To serve, cut cheesecake into squares.
- For topping, combine in medium bowl, blueberry syrup, lemon juice and blueberries. Spoon over bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 24 squares.
*Or other fruit syrup or light corn syrup.