Chocolate brownies with a swirl of cheesecake marbled throughout and topped with chocolate chips.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 (1-ounce) squares baking chocolate
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour an 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan; set aside.
- Combine butter, water and chocolate in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture; add 2 beaten eggs and sour cream; mix well. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar, mixing until well blended. Blend in 1 egg. Spoon over chocolate batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 48 bars.