A rich and delicious, old-fashioned treat that is perfect for fall and winter holiday entertaining.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup quick oats
1 (29-ounce) jar CROSSE & BLACKWELL Plain Mincemeat
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (4.5-ounce) jar CROSSE & BLACKWELL Brandied Hard Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in large bowl. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in oats. Press half of mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Combine mincemeat and pecans in medium bowl; spread over crumb crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes; cut into 2-inch squares.
- Serve warm with Hard Sauce or ice cream.
Makes 24 squares.
Tip: Ice cream can be used as a substitute for hard sauce.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.