Moist and chewy, coffee liqueur-flavored chocolate brownies iced with a creamy mocha frosting.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tablespoon warm water
1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sweetened condensed milk, liqueur, eggs, baking mix, cocoa and vanilla in large bowl; mix well. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Mocha Frosting: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa, water and liqueur. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until of spreading consistency, adding additional warm water if needed. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 brownies.