Mounds Cake Bars
These cookie bars have a graham cracker crust topped with a sweet coconut filling and iced with melted chocolate chips.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and flaked coconut. Spread over the partially baked crust.
- Return to the oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and spread when melted.
- Cool before cutting.
Makes 16 bars.