No-Bake Crispy Rice Cereal Bars
Love rice crispy bars? Here's an easy, "no marshmallows needed" recipe for the classic no-bake bar!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
7 cups crispy rice cereal
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan; set aside.
- Combine the sugar, light corn syrup, butter and salt in a 3 to 4-quart saucepan, bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, then add the crispy rice cereal, mixing well.
- Spoon and press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cool and cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.
- Add 1 cup any flavored chocolate chips after mixing in the rice cereal.
- Substitute 1 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.