Decadent oatmeal cookie bars with caramel, chocolate chips and walnuts.
2 cups plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour - divided use
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (12-ounce) jar caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom and sides of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and butter in a large bowl. Firmly press half the mixture into the bottom of baking dish; reserve remaining half for the top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and walnuts over the crust.
- Mix the caramel topping with the 6 tablespoons flour, mixing well. Drizzle caramel mixture over the chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture evenly over the caramel. Bake for an additional 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 24 bars.