Brown sugar, butter and cinnamon team up with quick-cooking oats to create a delicious, chewy oatmeal cookie bar.
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mixing well; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the melted butter, oil, both sugars and the eggs, mixing well with a wooden spoon. Stir in the oat/flour mixture until just combined. Spread dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 300°F (150°C) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until tested done with a wooden pick.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack; cut into squares.
Makes 24 bars.
Variation: Stir in 1 cup golden raisins or any flavor chocolate chips (or a combination of both) into the dough prior to spreading in pan.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): 208.8 calories; 43% calories from fat; 10.2g total fat; 27.8mg cholesterol; 77.8mg sodium; 126.0mg potassium; 26.2g carbohydrates; 2.2g fiber; 10.9g sugar; 24.0g net carbs; 4.1g protein.