Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge Bars
Combine pumpkin, chopped nuts, miniature marshmallows and butterscotch morsels and you've got chewy, moist and flavorful bars great for lunches, after school snacks, or for enjoying with your favorite hot beverage.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (11-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
3/4 cup chopped walnuts - divided use
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan with foil.
- For Cookie Base: Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts, coconut, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in butter; mix well. Press into prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For Fudge: Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, morsels, 1/2 cup nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour over cookie base; sprinkle with remaining nuts. Refrigerate until firm before cutting into bars.
Makes 48 bars.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.