Red, White and Blueberry Bars
A scumptious dessert bar with an oat-shortbread crust and a vanilla cheesecake filling, served with a fresh triple berry topping.
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries, raspberries and/or sliced strawberries
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- For crust, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add butter; mix until crumbly. Press oat mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat together cream cheese, granulated sugar and flour with electric mixer in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely; chill.
- For topping, combine blueberries, raspberries and/or strawberries with preserves in medium bowl.
- To serve, cut into bars; top with fruit topping. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.