Texas Fruitcake Squares
These 'fruitcake' squares are nothing like Aunt Martha's fruitcake! Graham cracker crumbs are combined with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coconut and candied red cherries to make one of the easiest and yummiest holiday treats around.
1 cup candied red cherries
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
3 ounces flaked sweetened coconut
12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Chop candied red cherries into smaller pieces. Dust with 4 tablespoons flour to prevent sticking.
- Stir together the flour-coated cherries, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Press into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C). for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Makes 30 squares.