Tropical Lime Bars
These tropical-inspired layered cookie bars have an oat crust with a creamy filling reminiscent of key lime pie, and a delectable crumb topping with chopped macadamia nuts.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
2 teaspoons firmly packed, finely grated lime peel (from 2 to 3 limes)
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 (3.5-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add combined oats, flour and salt; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping; transfer to wire rack. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In same bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime peel; mix well. Pour evenly over crust.
- In medium bowl, combine reserved oat mixture with coconut and nuts; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Quaker Oats Company.